Páginas

domingo, 9 de agosto de 2026

The City that built me. 2

....These are the fragments from which memory is built. When I was a child, I never imagined that the neighborhood where I played would one day become the subject of novels, films, documentaries, and anthropological studies. To me, Colonia Guerrero was simply home. It was only many years later that I understood I had grown up in one of the most vibrant and historically significant neighborhoods in Mexico City, during one of the most remarkable periods in the nation's history. I was born into a city in the midst of transformation. During the years known as the Mexican Miracle, Mexico City expanded at an astonishing pace. Modern highways replaced quiet roads. New universities, hospitals, and housing developments appeared almost overnight. Steel and concrete reached toward the sky while old neighborhoods struggled to preserve their traditions. The city seemed to be reinventing itself every day.....To be continued

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

The City that built me. 2

....These are the fragments from which memory is built. When I was a child, I never imagined that the neighborhood where I played would one ...