.Sobre este espacio Conecta Pro Journal es un espacio donde combino inglés profesional, arquitectura y comunicación técnica con reflexiones personales que han marcado mi camino. Aquí encontrarás historias, artículos y recursos diseñados para acompañar a profesionales, estudiantes y curiosos en su proceso de crecimiento académico y laboral.
viernes, 7 de agosto de 2026
The City That Built Me A Memoir of Mexico, Architecture, and Memory
For my father, who taught me to build with my hands
before I learned to build with my mind.
PROLOGUE
Every city leaves its mark on those who grow up within it.
Some people remember monuments. Others remember
famous events or celebrated people. I remember sounds.
I remember the mournful whistle of the locomotives
arriving at Buenavista Station, echoing across Colonia
Guerrero before dawn. I remember the melancholy tune of
the organillero drifting through the streets, the rhythmic
cries of street vendors announcing their goods, and the
comforting aroma of freshly made tortillas escaping from
neighborhood kitchens. I remember my first toy, the
murals that covered the walls of my elementary school,
the velvet-lined jewelry displays we built in my father's
workshop, and the distant silhouette of the Torre
Latinoamericana rising slowly above the city skyline....to be continued
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
The Origin of the Word “Bank” / El origen de la palabra “Banco”
English: Words carry history. Bank once meant a simple bench — a place of exchange, of trust, of human contact. Over time, it became a sym...
-
You: "Hi, Roberto. How are you today?" Student: "Hi. I'm fine, thank you. And you?" You: "So, for today...
-
Hay proyectos que no se planean: se sienten. Conecta Pro Journal nace de ese impulso profundo de unir dos mundos que han marcado mi vida: l...
-
For my father, who taught me to build with my hands before I learned to build with my mind. PROLOGUE Every city leaves its mark on those ...

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario